Monday, January 29, 2007

Toe? Meet bottle.

You know that super sensitive spot where the toenail grows from the flesh? That pink, soft nailbed full of all kinds of nerves and whatnot? Yeah? Well, mine is now purple and blue. And it hurts. I've had horses stomp on my entire foot and it hurt less than the full shampoo bottle that launched itself at that one spot on my body where it would hurt most. It's aim was perfect and from my lips fell the foulest words I could summon at 6:30 in the morning while standing under a hot shower.

Hubby rushed to my aid, asking "Are you okay? Did you fall?"

What else could I say but "I'm fine, I'm fine. I just dropped the shampoo," through clenched teeth and tearing eyes while tenderly nursing my smashed digit.

I gimped out of the shower, favoring the toe that still felt as if it had been cleanly severed from my foot, swearing that never, ever again will I buy that particular brand of shampoo. It's murderous and evil. Wicked even.


Not a fun way to start the day and definitely not a good way to start the week. I'm thinking I should just go home and curl up under a blanket in front of the fireplace with a couple of good books and a mug of hot tea and avoid all contact outside the home for the rest of the week. Because if Monday starts this way, who can tell what tomorrow holds. My brain just might fall out or something.

2 comments:

Mocha said...

Honestly, I'm not bragging because I stayed home with a sick kid today, but I am sitting in front of the heater (close enough to a fireplace) under a blanket, petting the dog, and reading my blogs. It's been a decent Monday.

Hope yours gets much better. Tuesday's looking good.

Jenn said...

Ooh, I'm jealous! And today is one of those cold, blustery days designed just for staying home all warm and toasty.

So far Tuesday is looking a bit better. But I'm not going to hold my breath.