Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I rock!

Looky what Jenny over at Absolutely Bananas gave me!


My very first blog-related cool recognition and I'm pretty giddy about it. Not that I write this blog for recognition or anything, but it's kinda neat to have someone else say "Hey, you ROCK!"

My first attempt at a blog several years ago was pretty pathetic. I whined a lot. I complained, a lot. It got to the point that I hated going there because it was so freaking' depressing and I couldn't stand reading what I wrote. I imagine no one else could stand it either. Who wants to read depressing drivel day in, day out? Not me. So I got rid of it. I stopped writing for awhile and found I just couldn't not write. I write every day for work...but that's WORK writing, completely different than personal writing. I have to write, it's who I am. It's who I have been since I first learned to hold a pencil. I read everything, even the back of a cereal box or some seriously dry instructions pamphlet.

So, I started this blog with a completely different outlook on everything. It helped quite a bit that my life had changed significantly, too, so my attitude had lifted from the dregs of swampland where it had been rotting for some time. I felt good. I feel good. Life IS good. And I think this blog reflects that quite accurately. This blog was originally intended as a way to keep in quick, easy contact with friends and family and to keep a running "life story" for my girls. My family is scattered across the U.S., and remembering to mail everyone photos and updates was getting to the point where I just wasn't doing it at all, so I thought this would be the easiest way to keep everyone in the loop without driving myself batty.

So, Bucolic Scribblings was born and it has fulfilled its original purpose. Then it started growing, not a lot, but the more blogs I read, the more inspired I felt and wanted to branch out a bit more with different topics and ideas. I started book reviews, and want to start doing campground reviews. I will probably never do product reviews, simply because I think there is more than enough advertising in our lives already. And, here we are. I don't have many readers, but that's okay, because I do write for me. I love the readers I do have and I'm so happy to have you all here.

Oh, and for you, Jenny, and those who don't know, the definition of Bucolic is: of or relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life.

Which is how I view my life, it's quite bucolic, for the most part, but there are still a few messy piles of crap that I manage to step in from time to time.

And, to follow Jenny's lead, I'm passing on this Rockin' Girl Blogger recognition to a couple of my favorite girl bloggers. This is by no means all of them. I would give the recognition to ALL of the girl bloggers I read, but then I'd be here forever typing in links. If you want to know who I really like a lot, just start with the links under the "I'm a Blog-a-holic" header.

I've fairly recently found The Wooden Porch and laugh out loud nearly every time I read her. If you've ever wondered what it's like to live in Bland, she writes a humorous insider view of that little redneck town.

Christina at My Topography always gets my creative juices bubbling over. She takes beautiful photos of fantastic art she creates and her powerful use of the English language leaves me awestruck. I only wish I was half as talented with words as she is.

Ree is amazing. That's all I can really say. She hides in closets and channels Ethel Merman and is probably the leading woman authority on calf nuts.

1 comment:

Miss Notesy said...

Ohmy gosh! I'm on the list!!! Thank you so much. :-)