Thursday, February 21, 2008

And the verdict is...

My heart is apparently normal! Try telling that to the co-worker who insists I don't even HAVE a heart.

The tests show nothing abnormal, everything is good to go. *does the little happy dance* So,now the next step...there has to be something causing these chest pains and I'd really like to know what it is. Most likely it's stress. I tend to overdo things most of the time. I'm a go-go-go girl and sometimes, I forget to just stop. My best friend suggested I could be addicted to the adrenalin of constant worry and my body is finally reacting to always being "wound up," without much down time, which makes sense.

I guess I need to find more constructive ways of getting my adrenalin high, like skydiving or base jumping. I'd LOVE to base jump. Any takers? Anyone? Anyone? This year, I'm riding with the Thunderbirds when they come through for the air show. I gave up my seat this summer because I was worried about my heart, but now, no worries. Full bore ahead!

I have a confession: I've been a little apprehensive about posting much lately, mostly because of all the worrying I've been doing. I'll post more often now, I have less to worry about. And the less I worry, the more I can enjoy everything and everyone around me. And that's a good thing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good news! Confirmation of a healthy heart inside a journalist must be some good sign for our whole nation, right?! :)

Jenn said...

ROFL! It's a sign! My co-workers were surprised they actually found a heart, and it was of normal size. The quote is "Are you sure they didn't find a heart that was 1,000x smaller than average?" Sheesh. Buncha good fer nuthins.

Anonymous said...

Yes! So glad to hear the good news. I always knew you had a heart! Pooh on those co-workers. Hugs!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have a joke in my family - I bet's it's just gas! :)

Glad it turned out alright!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!

I held my breath as I clicked your blog, and I am so glad to see you got the all-clear!

One more thought on the chest pains: Have you taken any new meds lately? A couple of years ago, I had to go through the whole treadmill thing because of similar pains, and it turned out that I was one of the only 3 percent of people who had that side effect from a med I'd started two weeks before. As soon as I stopped taking the med, the pains stopped. My doctor was surprised!

Or maybe it is stress, as you said.

I wonder if you can get insurance to cover some spa days? :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all is well with your big, good, kind, heart.

How do you manage to get to fly with the Thunderbirds? That sure would be fun and heart stopping.

What is base jumping away?

Sona said...

Good news!

Tell your co-workers they found your heart but futher tests revealed it was made of STONE!

Jenn said...

Goat roper....awww...thank you! I try to tell them I'm not so heartless...they never believe me.

Kim...ROFLMAO! That would be some serious gas!

Fudgelady...I take nothing but an occasional Aleve for the stress headaches. Spa days...I need a few of those! Insurance covers chiropractic and therapeutic massage, I wonder if I can file those under "spa day?"

grma...Being media has its occasional advantage! I've gone up with the Thunderbirds once before, about 6 years ago, and it was AMAZING! I'm ready to go again and they'll be back for the air show again this year. I've also been up in a vintage WWII bomber trainer plane that had been converted into a stunt plane. Whoever thought barrel rolls could be so exhilerating?
Base jumping is jumping off a vertical edge (cliff, bridge, whatever) with a parachute instead of jumping out of a plane.

Sona...hehe! If it wasn't so danged soft at times, I wouldn't be surprised if it was stone.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your chest is back in business, Jenn.

Jenn said...

Jim...thank you! It's never good to have a bad chest. Oh, btw, I saw you in the latest SPJ. Small world, eh?