Friday, December 05, 2008

Old hair

Unruly climbed up on the couch next to me the other night for our nightly "snuggle time" before bed. Winter snuggle time is especially nice because we can get all nice and cozy under a warm blanket and just snuggle without sweating against each other.

She likes to mess with my hair during snuggle time and this time, she found an odd patch of hair near my right temple.

"Mommy, why are some of your hairs old?" she asked, separating the grays from the auburn.

"What do you mean 'old'?" I queried, knowing perfectly well what she was referring to but wanting to hear her answer.

"You know, old, all the color is gone and they are just white. Like old people," she explained.

"Can you pull it out for me?"

"No, mom, there are too many, I don't want to make you bald," she said.

*sigh*

"You gave them to me, you know," I chided with a smile.

"I know. And I'm going to give you more," she giggled. "Your whole hair will be old!"

Ohh...that child. She is too smart for her own darned good.

2 comments:

Sona said...

That's what hair color is for.

Krista said...

Too funny! I've got a good start so I'm sure I will have plenty before my son is old enough to "count" them. Joy! ;)