Thursday, July 20, 2006

Karma is a white pickup truck

Hubby has a nasty little habit of pulling out into traffic right in front of people, usually forcing them to hit the brakes or slow down considerably.

It drives me crazy. Last night, Hubby got a little taste of his own bad driving habits thrown back at him, mere minutes after he pulled out in front of someone else on the highway.

Karma is a white Ford pickup truck, and Karma pulled out right in front of Hubby in town last night, forcing him to hit the brakes and grumble a few choice words about bad drivers.

I could only smirk knowingly.

"Why did he do that? &%&!@*&!!! bad drivers. How rude."

"He did that because you do it."

I get the 'are you crazy?' look. I'm getting used to this look. Kinda starting to enjoy it a bit, too.

"What the hell are you talking about? He didn't pull out in front of me because I pulled out in front of him. He's just rude."

I glanced at the beat-up little Ford ranger scooting along at 25 mph, the driver completely unaware (or maybe just unconcerned), that Hubby was having a minor coronary mere feet behind him.

I chuckled.

"Well, you know... Karma comes back to bite you in the ass, and today, Karma is a little white pickup truck. Hello, Karma. Nice to meet ya."

I grinned again, glancing sideways at Hubby, who's face has become flush with anger and his knuckles white against the gray steering wheel.

He shook his head and sighed at me, exasperated, I'm sure.

"You're crazy. You know that? Just crazy."

I love Karma. And I don't mind being crazy. Really.

No comments: