Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Up around midnight

I was up late last night, just enjoying the quiet. Wild and Unruly were both sleeping, Hubby at work. Exhaustion invaded every joint, every limb of my body but my mind wouldn't settle down and be quiet. It raced and raced and thought and worked and went over and over the seemingly endless lists of Things That Must Be Done.

The moon was absolutely gorgeous, it's half-fullness hanging low, fat and orange on the horizon against a dark sky glittering with far away galaxies and stars. I am amazed at the vastness, my mind not quite wanting to wrap around the concept of the universe, the idea of something that never ends. There has to be something on the other side, right? Nothing goes on forever, it seems impossible, and my mind refuses to accept the idea. It won't stretch that far, no matter how I try to force myself to imagine it.

I wanted so bad to sit on the deck beneath the stars with my laptop last night and just write. The sky, the moon, the stars, the night sounds, all inspire me to create. I need to set up a writing table out there. I need to do a lot of things, it's just finding the time to do it all.

No comments: