Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Trees coming out of my ears

They have begun arriving and as they arrive I panic because it's raining and muddy outside and I have to get the poor little things in the ground before the wither up and die.

I'm talking about my trees. Ten arrived on Thursday and managed to get most of them planted before noon. I had to go to the post office this morning and pick up the last eight of them but can not figure out how the hell I'm going to get them planted. It's dark by the time I get home and the ground is resembling soup more than dirt at this point. It just needs to stop raining and the sun needs to stay out just an hour longer. That's all I'm asking for. Is that too much?

Oh, and I need to get my wildflower meadow planted, too. But again, the mud, it complicates things. Damn mud.

Hubby and I went to see Monty Python's Spamalot musical Saturday afternoon with another couple. It was fantastic! It was the first musical he has seen, ever, in his whole life, and the first time he's ever been to the Fox Theatre, which is, in itself, a sight to awe even the most traveled theatre fan. I think I have him hooked on musicals. Bwahahaha! My evil plan to inject a little civility and culture into his Southern-raised self is working.

Next weekend it's off to see the stupid elephants and freak show clowns with the kiddos at the circus. Elephants stink, but I'll tolerant the reek for the trapeze artists and trained horses. It all balances out somehow.

No comments: