Thursday, October 25, 2007

Eight Things

My friend Joeprah has tagged me for a meme. It's been a while since I've done one of these, so, here goes.

Maybe ya'll will learn a thing or two about me you may not have known before.

Eight Things I am Passionate About

1. My family (yup, all of 'em! Even the crazy ones)

2. My career (as much as I bitch, I LOVE what I do)

3. Writing well

4. Being a good friend

5. Living life to its fullest, without regret

6. Finding new experiences to try

7. Horses

8. Leaving the smallest footprint I can leave on this planet


Eight Things I Want To Do Before I Die

1. Ride horseback across Ireland

2. Trek through Kenya

3. Write a book

4. See my daughters grow up and be happy

5. Get old

6. Hang glide

7. Spend a week hiking in the mountains, primitive style

8. Learn to play the fiddle


Eight Things I Say Often

1. DOGS! Knock it OFF!

2. Would you PLEASE get your crap off the floor?

3. Well, shit.

4. What's that smell?

5. Do I LOOK like your maid?

6. Momma needs a martini.

7. Where are your shoes?

8. Who ate my chocolate?


Eight Books I’ve Recently Read

1. Tuesdays With Morrie

2. Into the Wild

3. The Secret Life of Bees

4. Crime Beat: A Decade of Covering Cops and Killers

5. Stardust

6. The Blind Assassin

7. Thirteen Moons

8. Black Order


Eight Songs That I Could Listen To Over And Over

1. Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

2. Korabushka and Explosion by Bond

3. Home by Daughtry

4. Stupid Girls by Pink

5. Travelin' Soldier by The Dixie Chicks

6. The Story and Josephine by Brandi Carlile

7. Any bagpipe version of Amazing Grace

8. Louisiana Saturday Night by Alabama


Eight Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends

1. Intelligence

2. The ability to hold a political discussion without resorting to name calling or "yo momma" comebacks

3. No-nonsense personality

4. Will tell me if my butt looks fat in these jeans

5. Honesty

6. Compassion

7. A sick sense of humor

8. Intelligence


Eight Things I Have Learned This Past Year

1. Cutting down trees with a hand saw is REALLY tiring

2. Driving an hour one way to work isn't as bad as I thought it would be

3. Family is more important than anything

4. My husband is AWESOME (and damn good looking, too)

5. You CAN have too many fresh eggs

6. Teenagers truly are a challenge

7. I love blogging

8. Audiobooks are the best invention...ever

I'm not going to tag anyone for this one. If you want to do it, do it, and leave a link in the comments.

3 comments:

Funky Prink! said...

Here ya go, kiddo... admittedly, I "borrowed" some of your answers... but ya know... they were right on the mark!

http://funkyprink.blogspot.com/2007/10/memes-are-good-for-soul.html

Joeprah said...

I love it! I especially enjoyed Carmana Burina (see this vid of my toddler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZH8OChHbc ) and what attracts you to your friends. Awesome. You also love your husband and are super into him which rules since I think that is essential to raising a solid family. Hats off! And thanks for taking me up on the challenge! I will check you later on!

Dapoppins said...

I never knew until I read this...how much I really want to ride horseback across Ireland too.

Thanks for visiting my blog!