Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pissy and whiny

All I want to do is crawl back into bed and pretend this day hasn't started yet. Why don't we get "do overs" in real life? Sure would make some days a whole lot easier.

The day started out badly, the Internet connection at home was utter CRAP. Did I mention I work from home in the morning and if I don't have a decent connection, I don't get any work done. If I don't get any work done, I have to stay later at work during the day to get it done even though I was up at the buttcrack of dawn to WORK? Is it MY fault the Internet connection occasionally sucks?

So I'm running late, which makes Hubby run late, which means we are BOTH staying late today, which sucks. I get to work and my stupid work computer is on the freaking fritz. What do you mean it's OUT OF MEMORY? WHAT?! Why you piece of...Mac crap. I HATE Macs. In particular, I hate my work Mac. It's useless. I mean...what the hell? OUT OF MEMORY?! It's probably a good thing all the windows in this place are painted closed or there would be one less useless Mac in the newsroom.

And I'm freezing cold. My hands are so cold I can barely feel my fingers. The nation is having a major energy upheaval and I'm freezing cold on a summer day? Something is NOT right with that picture. We conserve energy at home. We are so devoted to reduce, reuse, recycle it's almost a religion for us. Yet businesses? Don't they GET it? Don't they realize they are the ones creating all these energy increases by insisting on setting the AC on Arctic Blast and refusing to turn out lights at night? How dumb is that. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Massive lay-offs, wage freezes, cut backs industry-wide...yet the building blazes with light when no one is here and it's freezing cold in the middle of summer. There is no common sense in the corporate world. I know this for a fact.

It just doesn't make sense and it's feeding my already pissy attitude this morning. I just want to go home.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

sorry.... *HUGS*

Sona said...

Wow, what a bad day.

And I hear you about the AC issue - I hated my last job because it was always so damn cold.