Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I want that! Wednesday

When we were looking for our house Hubs and I both had chosen one or two MUSTS that the house had to have. My musts were: A fireplace and plenty of horse-friendly property.
His was an in-ground pool and space for his Man Cave.
I have a fireplace and the property. 
But the fireplace has much to be desired. It's functional and warms very well, but it's not attractive at all. Seriously. It almost looks like it was an afterthought. 
When I think of fireplace I think of something like this:
So, this is is what I want. 
I want to sit in front of a beautiful stone fireplace and curl up with a good book. I want a faux fur rug to throw in front of it and just veg out on those bitter cold winter days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, but I don't think it would fit :)
And you'd have to totally re-do the room with faux-fieldstone...and the kitchen would have to blend in too...and you'd have to move the stairs that go down to the man-cave, because that fireplace is so hugemongous that you'd have to squeeze to get past!
But I agree, your fireplace is blah blah. The fieldstone look would be fantastic and add so much to your home!

Jenn said...

Hmm...I could turn that whole room into the fireplace room...I wouldn't complain! It's a gorgeous fireplace though, isn't it? I know I'm just going to have to be happy re-finishing what's actually there to make it more attractive. A fieldstone finish and mantle is definitely on the list of "to-do."