Thursday, January 04, 2007

Da Plane! Da Plane!

Peanut butter and apple vomit. Car accident on the bridge that backed traffic up for five miles in the rain. One wrong turn. But we still managed to get to the airport on time, with 15 minutes to spare. I think someone was trying to prevent me from dropping my mom, sister and nephew off early this morning.

And I was about an hour late for work. Fortunately, no one ever keeps tabs on my whereabouts, so no worries there! I don't think I was even missed. I'm not sure if that makes me feel completely useless or so highly valued I'm given free rein to do my own thing. Ponderous.

I miss them already, and they've only been gone a few hours. The house will seem overly quiet tonight, but I know we will slip back into a normal routine again in just a few days. But I still miss them. It was so nice for all of us to be able to spend two-and-a-half weeks together, just enjoying each other's company. It's been a long time, too long, and I hope it's not that long before we are all together again.

I love my family, I love when they visit or I visit. I also enjoy the fact that we all live far enough away there is no possibility of anyone just dropping in on anyone else unannounced. And this is a good thing.

No comments: